Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ours for One Whole Month!

Wow! Sunday was one month from the day we picked Jill up! Today was a crazy day! Our pediatrician had told us to make an appointment with a pediatrician who deals with international adoption, so we did. We had a 1:30 appointment today at Cardinal Glennon's Medical Center. My grandfather passed away last night, and therefore my dad was home from work today and said he could watch the boys for awhile so they wouldn't have to sit through yet another of Jill's doctor appointments. Thank goodness, as this 1:30 appointment didn't end until 4:30 after a thorough examination, developmental tests, four shots and five vials of blood! She hated the shots and bloodwork. In fact she started screaming when the nurse put alcohol on her arm! I don't know if she just didn't like the alcohol's feel or smell or if they do this before giving shots in Russia and she remembered it. She was so worn out afterwards that even though she had a package of 3 graham crackers in the car, she fell asleep after eating only two!
Here is a list of words she says in English...
up
shoes
ball
my
show (as in TV show)
jump
more
banana (pronounced nana)
apple (pronounced bopple)
no
book
fish
hello
brush (as in teeth)
teeth
touch
it (put together as "no touch it")
Mama, Dada, Jill, Ty, Jake, Grandma (Myma), Pah (what we call my dad)

She seems to understand most all of what we say!
In the car we listen to the CD from this summer's VBS a lot and today after Jake's ball game (nothing was playing at the time)Jake said, "She's singing a VBS song!" I listened and asked if he was sure and he said that it was "Never Let Go" I listened and yep, it was that melody and rhythm, so I put the CD in and she sang along in her babble words right on with the melody and rhythm and even got the word "go" right every time!

Tomorrow is her CT scan, I'll post how that goes later!
Maybe I'll try to get some pictures up soon too. Also, since I translated most of the menu for the "French Restaurant" I'll post that for anyone going to Astrakhan soon! You've got to get the fruit salad!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Carley said...

Amy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather! Jill is such a special little girl, she fits right in with your great boys! I can't wait to see more of her at school this year. See you soon.

Carley

BTW - You are SO in trouble about the Webkinz/Ebay thing... *g*