Friday, April 18, 2008

I FELT THE EARTHQUAKE!

I decided to stay up all night, sleep on the plane and then possibly be on Russia time when I get there. Well, around 4:30 I was typing lesson plans and the whole computer desk shook and shook, the monitor wouldn't stop until I held it still for a second, I swore it was an earthquake! I looked outside, but didn't see anything unusual, then looked up Missouri earthquakes on the internet to see if anything had been reported, but nothing was there, so I thought perhaps I had imagined it because I was tired. Anyway, just now on the news they announced that there was an earthquake in Indiana at 4:35, it WAS an earthquake, not my imagination! Hey kids, the book Earthquake Terror said that when Jonathan wanted to know how he would know if it was an earthquake or not his teacher said, "you'll know". And I knew! Pretty cool, huh!

2 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

We felt the earthquake in Nashville, too! Our bed shook, and it woke us up! Crazy!

Have a wonderful trip to Russia! I hope everything goes very well!

Jen said...

Mrs. Williams! We miss you! We hope your trip is going well and you get there safe and sound! We felt the earthquake, too! You should feel the aftershocks! Rocked our whole classroom! We felt like we were on a boat!