Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry

Whewww, we've done a lot in a short amount of time. There has been a lot of last minute paperwork to do. We got fingerprinted at the police station yesterday and mailed that off to the FBI today. We have doctor appointments scheduled and paperwork being filled out at the boys' doctor's office. Today we got the 'official' travel dates of April 18th through April 27th so it's time to fill out Visa applications. All of this needs to be ready by my class' field trip to Jeff City on April 16 so I can get it all apostilled while we're there.
I know it's crzay, but I was a little disappointed to find out that I had to leave on the 18th; we thought I'd be leaving the 19th. The 18th the boys are in the talent show at school. They, and I, have worked pretty hard on putting the act together and I hate to miss it. It's also my fifth grade class' DARE graduation that day, another thing I wanted to be around for. Hopefully I can get someone to video both of these things for me.
So, be sure to log on every day from April 18-April 27 to hear about our trip to meet 'sister'! Thanks to all who have voted so far! Wade has picked out his favorite name and says that it doesn't matter how the vote turns out; Daddy's vote overrides all others. But keep voting anyway; it's fun for me to watch!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I remember all too well the rush with last minute paperwork and travel plans. Hang in there! Sorry to hear you will miss the talent show - we had something similar happen to us with our son as well, but someone videotaped it. I remember there was so much to do that it was hard to be excited about meeting our son until we boarded the plane for Russia.

Jen said...

Yes, yes... Jen's vote is the same as Wade's vote. WE WIN. Sorry, boys. It's JILL and she's SPORTY! :)