Saturday, April 12, 2008

Photos



I thought I'd better try out adding photos to the blog before I leave home, so here goes......

Hey, that was pretty easy!

A lot of people have asked what her room looks like, so-here it is! It's impossible to get the whole thing, but the little bit of the dresser you see on the left has a matching chest of drawers on the wall beside the door. (This pic was taken standing in the doorway.) You can see a little bit of the matching nightstand by the rocking chair and the headboard that matches too. My grandma passed away a little over a year ago, right when we were first planning the adoption. I thought her bedroom furniture (and one of her favorite handmade quilts) would be perfect for our new daughter's room. I was right!

5 comments:

Joel and Clarion said...

Amy, thanks for posting on our blog. I didn't accept the call to SW Missouri, so we'll be staying in St. Louis to continue my work at the seminary. Blessings on your upcoming trip to Astrakhan! The first trip is so much fun. Enjoy it. It goes by really fast. We're hoping to make our second trip to Vladivostok in June. We'll look forward to hearing about your trip. Safe travels!

Patti said...

I LOVE her room! And the connection with your grandma is such a tribute. God bless you as you continue with your traveling plans. You sound like you are ready to go!

Unknown said...

HOORAY! 4 more days!

Allison said...

I just found your blog (after your post on the CHI Yahoo group) and want to say congratulations! We have adopted two boys from Astrakhan through CHI and love to hear of other families traveling to that region. It was a wonderful region and you'll be in great hands with the coordinator. She's the best! Good luck on your travels and I can't wait to follow your journey!

Joel and Nancy said...

Williams Family! Congrats on your upcoming travel dates. We returned from Astrakhan with our 2 children on March 7th of this year. We will be anxious to read your posts. If you remember, tell Vika and Galina, "hello" from the Mee family. The kids are doing great!

Congrats again! the Mee family