Monday, April 21, 2008

It's a Girl!

It's now Tuesday morning here, so I'll take some time to try to recap yesterday for everyone...
We didn't know what time our Ministry of Education appointment was until Vica (our translator) called at about 9:15 and asked if we could be ready by 10:10 for an 11:00 appt. At the MOE, my dad had to stay in the hall, I went in with Galina and Vica. I was asked why Wade wasn't here, what age child we were requesting and why we were requesting that age. I was a little nervous when she seemed to want a paper explaining Wade's absence, all I thought I needed was the Power of Attorney from him which I had. But, she eventually let it go and pulled out the information for our referral. She is in the age range we requested, her information given to me there was great and then I cried when I saw her picture on the screen! I composed myself, well until I saw my dad again who must've thought something was wrong, I had to get out "happy cry" so he'd understand. It was just like how I cried when I saw Ty's ultrasound picture! We rode to a couple places to get the permission to visit the child paper notarized, then went to the orphanage. There I met with three doctors; medical, teacher type, and social worker. I got A LOT of information and it was hard to get it all down and decide what I wanted to ask because halfway through they brought her out! She ran to Galina who told her to go see Mama and pointed to me (time to cry again) and she ran right to me and sat on my lap while I took notes! She loved the fish tank and kept pointing to it and saying the Russian for fish and big (It was a BIG fish, a catfish I think!) They told me some things that worried me at first, but from what I hear, it's typical to have stuff on the reports that scare American parents. But after meeting with her the two times yesterday I don't think we have anything to worry about. She is SO smart!!! I did get to send a picture to Wade and discuss everything with him so we could make a final decision to fill out the petition to adopt. I told him that Dad and I could probably list 20 things she did yesterday to make us say, "she's so smart!" so I tried; I got to 18, it was really late though, I bet if I tried again today I could get to 20! We're leaving in about a 1/2 hour to see her again, and will likely go again late afternoon-after her nap and snack. She is full of energy, loves to play, can throw and catch a ball!, has TONS of personality, hugs, kisses, is not shy; she'll fit right in with those boys of ours! Until next time.....

P.S. Hey 5th grade! I had SO MUCH FUN! Instant Messaging with you guys during computer class yesterday! I wanted to do it again during computers on Wed, but it just hit me that you're all off school Wed-Fri! So, enjoy your break, check the blog often, and e-mail me any questions you have to my school e-mail. Love, Mrs. W

4 comments:

Patti said...

How exciting! I hope your visits with her continue to go so well! I'm so happy for you!

Wade and Amy Williams said...

Hi, I’m glad it’s all going well. It’s almost surreal to see pictures of you and Pah in Russia. When mom first told me about the blog I didn’t picture this and didn’t check it right away but you’ve made it so fun to read that I keep checking it every few hours just to see if you’ve put up anything new. I’ve even read some of the other blogs from your links. It’s simply amazing what an effect it has just reading about their experiences and how happy their new family additions have made them. I think I’m just as excited as mom at this point. Have a safe trip home.
p.s. I just caught myself re-reading and editing this because “She’s a teacher! What if her students read this and find my mistakes!!” It made me laugh.
Justin

Wade and Amy Williams said...

Hi, I’m glad it’s all going well. It’s almost surreal to see pictures of you and Pah in Russia. When mom first told me about the blog I didn’t picture this and didn’t check it right away but you’ve made it so fun to read that I keep checking it every few hours just to see if you’ve put up anything new. I’ve even read some of the other blogs from your links. It’s simply amazing what an effect it has just reading about their experiences and how happy their new family additions have made them. I think I’m just as excited as mom at this point. Have a safe trip home.
p.s. I just caught myself re-reading and editing this because “She’s a teacher! What if her students read this and find my mistakes!!” It made me laugh.
Justin

Carley said...

I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear all about Sister and to meet her!!