Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yet Another Good Day!

I could probably title each blog, Another Good Day! Today we spent a lot of time reading books! She didn't bring the coloring book out with her today, (Both visits were outside again, yay!) but dug through to find the rainbow book, the lift the flap book, the doggie (sabaka) book and the photo book I made for her. Toward the end of the second visit she was really into the photo book. Vica pointed to the pictures and explained them to her. Then Vica would tell her 'find Mama', 'find Papa', 'find Dedushkya', find 'Babushka', 'find brat(something)' for Mommy, Daddy, Pah, Grandma, and her brothers. And....she did! She'd flip through and find us and point and say the words! (Russian words). Vica said she was impressed because she's never said those words before; at least not Grandma, Grandpa, or brothers and she said them pretty well! At the very end she started saying it in a sentence and patting her chest as she said it, like 'my Mama' 'my Papa'. Today she didn't want to leave. She yelled, "Nyet, Nyet," a lot and pulled back away from them. She did that a little on the second visit until she was told it was time to eat, then she happily said, "Paka" and walked away to dinner. She always wants me to hold her. If I'm not, she puts her arms up to ask me to. If I don't want to (she gets heavy) I squat down to her level, talk to her, give a hug, etc. This morning when I did that, she tapped on my knee to make me stand up. When I stood up she put her arms out to be picked up, tricky. But I fell for it again in the afternoon when she tapped on my knee and I didn't get up, she motioned with her fingers to me kind of like a "come here" motion with her hand, so...I got up, and then she put her arms up to be picked up again. When I don't pick her up she throws a little Nyet Nyet tantrum. No tears, just she'd mad at me.
Before the morning visit we went to a material store. We bought some material and lace in hopes that my mom can find a pattern for a traditional dress, she can make it out of material that came from Russia!
Inbetween visits we walked to the Kremlin and went in the church there. We saw the military practicing for something, they were marching around. We then walked to a mall. This Sunday is Easter here, so we bought some Easter cakes; one for Galina, one for Vica and one for ourselves! We haven't had it yet, so we'll let you know later if it is good.
That's about it for today. After the afternoon visit we walked to the French restaurant with Mandy and Catherine, now we're back! So, until tomorrow....

No comments: