Sunday, April 20, 2008

We're Here! part 2

We made it Astrakhan! Once again, everything went smoothly. The only trouble we ran into was when we went up to our room in the hotel, there was only one bed; but when I went and told them, they moved us to another room with two single beds and credited back 5, 600 rubles to my credit card! We met Catherine, a mom waiting out the 10 day waiting period right now, and Mandy and Jennifer, two moms who have each adopted a little boy from here and are now waiting for their boys' passports to take them home! They just went to get the boys' passport or visa photos taken. When they get back we may all go for a walk. We do not yet know what time our Ministry of Education appointment is, Galina was told to call MOE tomorrow first thing (9am) to find out what time our appointment is, then she will call us. It could be anytime from 10am to later in the afternoon. If it is later in the afternoon we may not get to go meet sister until Tuesday, so, of course I hope it is earlier, I was expecting to meet her tomorrow! The internet isn't working in the room, but there's a sitting area down the hall that's quite comfortable, so I suppose I'll sit out here a lot to update the blog and try to catch anyone on instant messenger.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I'm glad you arrived safely and have other Americans to talk with! I hope you are able to meet Sister tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! I am so thankful you are there safe and sound. The picture of sister's bedroom looks adorable, by the way. She will be so blessed to be in your home and a member of your family. You are certainly in our thoughts and prayers. We are enjoying your website. God Bless!